- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda, set aside.
3. Using a mixer; cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until thoroughly blended.
4. Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix until well blended and smooth (about 1 minute).
5. Slowly blend in the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Do not overbeat.
6. Add the chocolate chips, and mix until they are evenly distributed throughout the batter (about 5 seconds).
7. Roll a scant 1/4 cup of dough into a ball and place onto ungreased cookie sheet, leaving 2 1/2 inches between each ball. Repeat until all dough is used.
8. Bake, turning the baking sheets halfway through baking (front to back), for 15 to 18 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges should be golden brown. The chocolate chip cookie recipe is ready to serve....great !